1. Let in light. Sunlight is nature’s stress-buster, because it positively impacts both physical and mental health. Lift the blinds and lift your mood. If you’re lacking in the natural light department, mirrors can be used to brighten up a room, instead
2. Dim down at night. While light boosts energy levels, darkness can soothe the soul, so balancing the two is key. In the evening, keep certain spaces (such as your bedroom) low-key by reducing overhead lighting and using a candle or two. The low light will help transition your system to a relaxed state and prepare you for sleep
3. Frame your loved ones. Remember that fun vacation with those amazing people? You should. Every day. Reliving happy memories breeds an upbeat outlook and framed photos will do the trick. Surround yourself with snapshots of friends, family, places and pets for a daily jolt of positivity
4. Simplify. Clutter is the enemy of calm. Pick one especially disorderly space in your home (the kitchen, closet or living room are three good options) and spend ten minutes sorting your clutter into three piles: keep, discard and relocate. Eliminate the “discard” pile and move the “relocate” items to their proper places in the house
5. Add nature. Plants are a great way to make any room feel tranquil and peaceful. Whether you make a statement with a single staghorn fern or scatter jars of wildflowers throughout your home, you can’t go wrong. In addition to the high-traffic display spots, we recommend placing plants in obscure places (like the kitchen, home office or your bathrooms) to keep the natural vibe alive through and through
6. Power down. The electronics in our lives can drain more than electricity. Surrounding ourselves with screens – computers, TVs, tablets – can take a toll on our sleep habits, too. Hide them if you can, at least an hour or so before bed. The blue light emitted from most electronics actually affects your REM cycle, so you don’t sleep as well. And nothing knocks your stress levels up a notch like a poor night’s sleep!
April Partida is a Professional, Experienced and Results Oriented, Top Virginia Beach VA Realtor committed to meeting your needs.
April has distinguished herself as a leader in the Virginia Beach Virginia real estate market. April assists buyers looking for Virginia Beach VA real estate for sale and aggressively markets Virginia Beach homes for sale. April is also a Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource Specialist (SFR). Avid foreclosure and short sale expert, committed to helping families in financial hardship find options to foreclosure.
You can reach April at 757-227-1777 or by email, email@example.com