Are you vacuuming the right way? Find out:
1. Make use of the vacuum attachments. Use the crevice attachment (if you have one), and vacuum the edges in each room before you vacuum the entire carpet.
2. Try an odor neutralizer. If your carpet needs a little freshening, use an odor neutralizer. Here’s a recipe for my favorite homemade version or you can put a few drops of essential oil on a cotton ball and put it in your vacuum bag. This will freshen the air while your vacuum is running!
3. Vacuum horizontally. For each area you want to vacuum, start by vacuuming horizontally.
4. Vacuum vertically. Once you’ve vacuumed horinzontally, vacuum vertically, too! Yes, you are going over the carpet twice, but this technique ensures that the carpet is lifted and any embedded dirt is removed. Tip: This is especially helpful if you have pets because it will remove pet hair and dander.
5. Have an exit strategy. Start at the furthest corner away from the door and vacuum back and forth until you’re out of the room. This will give you those beloved vacuum lines that say, “I just vacuumed.” (Am I the only one that loves those lines?)
April Partida is a Professional, Experienced and Results Oriented, Top Virginia Beach VA Realtor committed to meeting your needs.
April has distinguished herself as a leader in the Virginia Beach Virginia real estate market. April assists buyers looking for Virginia Beach VA real estate for sale and aggressively markets Virginia Beach homes for sale. April is also a Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource Specialist (SFR). Avid foreclosure and short sale expert, committed to helping families in financial hardship find options to foreclosure.
You can reach April at 757-227-1777 or by email, email@example.com