Putting your house on the market soon? No nibbles on your already-listed Virginia Beach home? Whatever your reason, simple updates to both the interior and exterior of the house may be just what you need.
- Remember curb appeal: Refurbish, repaint, or replace the garage door or the front door of your Virginia Beach home. They’re one of the first things potential buyers notice. Spruce up the entrance with colorful potted plants and a door wreath. Keep shrubs trimmed and walkways cleared. If you can’t afford the daunting task of painting your entire house, painting just the trim will still make a big difference when it comes to curb appeal.
- Assess your floors: If you have hardwood flooring, it’s worth the investment to have them refinished. Carpets should be shampooed – and replaced if they are stained or look worn. Think, too, about removing or repositioning area rugs.
- Brighten the walls of your Virginia Beach home: If you’re going to repaint, think about doing one accent wall in a different color or texture. Wallpaper is making a comeback and can add interest and color to any room.
- Update fixtures and lighting: Keep an eye out for sales at home improvement stores and replace outdated lighting, plumbing, and hardware fixtures. Simple replacement of lighting, fixtures, and knobs in the bathroom or kitchen can update the entire look of the room. You can find many modern (and discounted) brand name fixtures online at eBay or Overstock.com. Did you know you can also update a lampshade or dated chandelier by spray painting it?
- Give your kitchen a fresh look: Add beadboard as an unusual back splash, paint or stain cabinet doors, or add molding to the cabinets for a finished look. Find and install interesting or modern cabinet hardware for a new appearance. You can even paint your laminate countertop with a new product from Rustoleum.
And as an added bonus, whatever project you choose to undertake will most likely help you keep at least one of your resolutions to save money, keep active, quit smoking, or learn something new!
April Partida is a Professional, Experienced and Results Oriented, Top Virginia Beach VA Realtor committed to meeting your needs.
April has distinguished herself as a leader in the Virginia Beach Virginia real estate market. April assists buyers looking for Virginia Beach VA real estate for sale and aggressively markets Virginia Beach homes for sale. April is also a Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource Specialist (SFR). Avoid foreclosure and short sale expert, committed to helping families in financial hardship find options to foreclosure.
You can reach April at 757-227-1777 or by email, email@example.com.
ALL of the information, NONE of the obligation!