Looking for new ways to trim your budget, save time, and cut waste in your Virginia Beach VA home? Newspaper columnist Heloise has for years suggested unusual ways to repurpose everyday household items, but the newest guru in that field is Joey Green, a prolific author with an inventive mind and a keen sense of humor. Read on to learn some of his unusual—but practical– uses for products commonly found in your Virginia Beach VA home.You will be pleasantly surprised at the number of “specialty” products you can cross off your grocery list!
- Remove rust from or polish chrome.
- Sharpen scissors.
- Hang in your garden to keep birds away.
- Use in the dryer in your Virginia Beach VA home to eliminate static cling.
- Fix a broken connection between a battery and a loose spring.
- Add to rinse cycle to clean heavily soiled clothes.
- Sprinkle in/on sports gear for odors.
- Clean floors, ovens, appliances.
- Use periodically to clean your septic system.
- Polish shoes.
- Use as an emergency shaving cream.
- Add to dog food to reduce shedding.
- Clean pearls.
- Condition hair.
- Relieve an earache, bursitis, or a jellyfish sting.
- Clean windows and mirrors.
- Separate china plates.
- Apply shoe polish.
- Filter wine if you’ve broken the cork.
- Line a plant pot to reduce loss of soil when watering.
- Lubricate bike chains, roller skate wheels, or hinges.
- Dry nail polish.
- Prevent car doors from freezing.
- Remove soap scum from shower doors.
- Repel ants.
- Clean ring-around-the-collar.
- Add to your toolbox, silver chest, or jewelry box to prevent rusting and/or tarnishing.
- Clean chrome.
- Remove odors from your hands.
- Polish silver.
- Eliminate mosquito bite itch.
- Slice cheese or cake.
- Hang pictures.
- Remove cookies from the baking sheet.
- Eliminate warts.
- Relieve swelling and irritation of mosquito bites.
And yet another tip: you might want to tape this list to the inside of a cabinet door as a handy reminder.
April Partida is a Professional, Experienced and Results Oriented, Top Virginia Beach VA Realtor committed to meeting your needs.
April has distinguished herself as a leader in the Virginia Beach Virginia real estate market. April assists buyers looking for Virginia Beach VA real estate for sale and aggressively marketsVirginia Beach homes for sale. April is also a Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource Specialist (SFR). Avoid foreclosure and short sale expert, committed to helping families in financial hardship find options to foreclosure.
You can reach April at 757-227-1777 or by email, email@example.com.
ALL of the information, NONE of the obligation!