If you are one of the millions of Americans whose home has lost value in recent years, despair not. Whether you’re trying to spiff up your Virginia Beach VA real estate for resale, to raise its appraisal, or just to keep current with updating and maintaining what you currently have, there are many relatively easy and budget-worthy steps you can take. Some of these minor projects designed to increase value are quick fixes while others may require a weekend’s worth of work, but all will certainly revive the look of your property.
- Keep shrubs and trees neatly pruned. Plant new trees for energy savings and aesthetic value.
- Add low-voltage lighting for pathways
- Pay attention to the front door of your Virginia Beach VA real estate. Does it need new weather stripping? A fresh coat of paint? Updated (or at least polished) hardware—knockers, knobs, hinges, and light fixtures?
- Spend $10 to test your lawn for needed nutrients.
- Attend to the garage door. Use a mixture of one part bleach to three parts water and a soft-bristled brush to give it a thorough cleaning. Still dirty or stained? Rent a power washer for about $60.
- Check for faded or peeling paint. Sand and apply a fresh coat.
- If you can’t replace the water heater in your Virginia Beach VA real estate with a tankless model, wrap the one you have in fireproof insulation.
- Install modern light switches and outlets throughout your home. Add dimmer switches.
- Insulate windows. (Easy-to-follow instructions.)
- In bathrooms replace dated towel racks, light fixtures, sinks, toilet seats, and hardware. Purchase a low flow toilet. Re-grout where needed. Display matching towels. If the floor is in poor shape, consider putting easy-to-install vinyl tiles right over the old one.
- Add crown moldings, wood trim, and/or cornices to give room a look of quality.
- Update your kitchen inexpensively by replacing fixtures, faucets, and hardware. Consider pendant lighting. Refinish cabinets rather than replacing them.
- Clean and organize all closets.
April Partida is a Professional, Experienced and Results Oriented, Top Virginia Beach VA Realtor committed to meeting your needs.
April has distinguished herself as a leader in the Virginia Beach Virginia real estate market. April assists buyers looking for Virginia Beach VA real estate for sale and aggressively markets Virginia Beach homes for sale. April is also a Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource Specialist (SFR). Avoid foreclosure and short sale expert, committed to helping families in financial hardship find options to foreclosure.
You can reach April at 757-227-1777 or by email, email@example.com.
ALL of the information, NONE of the obligation!